I don't remember where any of these quotes came from. But they made a big enough impression on me that I remember them. Thank you to those who created them.
- "You can't be lost if you don't care where you are."
- This is my favorite. I always end up saying this when I am biking and paying more attention to the scenery than the roadsigns. It applies to everything in life. Like "You can't be poor if you don't care about being rich", etc.
- "There comes a time in the life of every project when it becomes necessary to shoot the engineers and begin production."
- I learned this before I became an engineer, but it has made me a better engineer.
- "MILTFDFAC" Which means Make It Like The Friggin Drawing For A Change.
- I learned this after I became an engineer.
- "YCJCYAQFTJB" Which means Your Curiosity Just Cost You A Quarter For The Jukebox
- Back when a song cost a quarter, this cost me a quarter because I asked what those letters written above the jukebox meant.
- "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's difficult to remember that your original intent was to drain the swamp"
- I always have to remind myself of this when I get too involved with a detail and stop making progress towards my goal.
Back to Kevin's Kluge Page
This page last updated 4/08/02